Background

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Shower Day!!!!

In April, we were forced upon a different life path when my wonderful husband (who is an excellent professional and businessman) very unexpectedly lost his job through absolutely no fault of his own. As the days turned into weeks, and weeks became months, I tried to stay strong. 


Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. ~Matthew 7 :24-25


I tried to stay strong and weather this storm with grace. I sought comfort in scriptures, friends, and spending time with my little family. Every time I felt like I was wearing thin, I would come across a scripture that reminded me that "I CAN DO THIS!" and God is with us!


Therefore take no thought, saying "What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself... ~Matthew 6:31-34


As time went on, we dutifully sought the path that Heavenly Father would have us follow. We have prayed over just about every decision that has been made in our home- from what to have for dinner to when to put in our lease notice- and we were lead to the miracle in the video below.

Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed. ~Psalms 37:3

I am not a perfect person- far from it, in fact! And very recently I hit what I felt was my own mortal limit. I am not sure what did it- and really, it doesn't matter- the end result was me flopping in a puddle of self-pity, instead of stopping to remember Christ. During this pity party, I understood I was blessed, without really understanding what that meant. At this time, I turned to a group of women I have been talking with online- as so many of them are excellent at finding words of comfort and turning me on to the blessings and purpose to our current trial. 

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Jesus Christ. ~Philippians 4:19

Within an hour I had received words of comfort and love that gave me strength and helped me pick myself up and continue along with my day. That same day, head better composed, I was able to understand and see my blessings more clearly- all because I stopped thinking of my current situation and focused on Christ. When I had been able to check with the group again- I was overcome with emotion to find that there were multiple offers from generous women, for us to use some of their baby clothing! I was so grateful, and so thrilled! Our need had almost instantly been met!!!!

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? ~Matthew 6:25

On Monday I had some appointments, and when I came home I logged onto my facebook to chat with the ladies in my online birth group. It was there that this started:




Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. ~Proverbs 3:5


I still cannot find the words that can give justice to the emotions that Kurt and I have felt during this week. For us, it was quite literally breathtaking and divinely inspired that some wonderful women had offered us clothing. We were so stuck on that generous offer, on our need being instantly met, that our hearts cannot possibly begin to process the rest of this week's miracle. 


During our time of earthly uncertainty and tribulation, our needs were not only met, but we were literally showered with love, kindness, and generosity (I now understand the term "shower")!!!!!! For us, this has been a miracle. We feel more blessed than we can possibly ever express!!!! We never fathomed that we would ever be in a situation like this- and we are eternally grateful for every single person who contributed to our situation- be it through a prayer, a note, or a gift- there is absolutely no way we can express our gratitude enough to really show how we feel!!!! Kurt and I are so overcome, as soon as the camera was off and we had finished opening the giant pile of gifts, he held me and we both cried- Harrison called it "Happy cries!" We both cried again when we saw the list of all the gifts that so many women had packaged and en route. Literally- shock, awe, and waves of blissful gratitude and love swept over and overcame us. Our eyes are still puffy (I am writing this at 8:00am the following day- it took that long to compose myself enough to put together sentences that could resemble any of my thoughts!), and our hearts are so full. Last night, I dreamed of yesterday- and it was like an instant replay- the grace and love washed over me again and again! I woke this morning and saw the huge pile of gifts and cried again- it was not a dream, it was real. 


I am so thankful. I am so thankful for the women who have done so much for us. I am thankful for my friends who have given with absolutely no thought for themselves. I am thankful for those who have listened to the promptings of Heavenly Father, and made this possible. I am so thankful for this- it has changed our lives forever. I can never say thank-you enough... 


___________________________________________________

****This was a big deal to me. I have never been on the receiving end of anything anywhere near this. While I do not normally enjoy being photographed or filmed (ESPECIALLY without makeup and while weighing so much during a pregnancy!) Kurt and I felt it was the only way to share what happened in our house today =) Sometimes- words just aren't enough. Thank you, from the depth of my soul! (And if our baby girl could talk, she would be screaming thank yous with overwhelming delight and joy!!!!!!!!!!)

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I bawled my eyes out. I am so happy for you, your family, and your little girl! I am glad there are so many wonderful people who love and support you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope, truly and deeply, that you understand YOU were a part of this. You have no idea what your gift meant to us- and I hope, as you saw the boys' and my reaction, that this video gave you an idea. You truly can not understand how much this meant- there is no way for me to express it- YOU were a part of this miracle, and I am forever thankful and cannot say it enough!

      Delete
  2. Kurt, thank you SO much for the beautiful gift of this video that you made for us. I thought I was touched BEFORE, just being part of this project, but that was nothing compared to the feelings I got while watching that video.

    Mellissa, you're beautiful! With or without makeup!!! And we love you!

    God bless,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! SOOOO MUCH!!!!! I cannot say it NEARLY enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. This video just mad me cry. I felt like I was there with you. I'm so glad you enjoyed your gifts and you'll be ready for your baby girl. We love you! You are so great and I feel so fortunate to have been a part of something to amazing.

    love,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am amazed by your kindness!!!! I am so overwhelmed with gratitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Melissa I was crying with you girl. I love seeing Jesus in action! What a blessing that you held fast to Him. He always provides are needs. thank you for sharing your story with all of us. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!!! I am amazed by the great work done by these women, who allowed themselves to be an instrument in His hands! I am so overwhelmed- I still cry very often. SO blessed!

      Delete